Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Mommy Said I Could.. The Virgin

So here it is. My first blog as a mommy with thoughts. I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but that goes with being a virgin. I hope to express myself here, to show what all this mommy has to say, share, and learn. I've lost the creative part of me and I anticipate that this will bring it back. In the future I hope to share with others my love of my mother, my daughter and the ties that bind.
A little about my mother: She is the mother of five children, and has sacrificed so many things to provide the extras for us. I have gotten a love of dishes, pretty things like vases and tablecloths, old treasured furniture and lace curtains from her. She was a hard worker and taught me the same. She was a working mom and still had time for each child. We were the center of her universe, though she had a great way of misleading us on that. She put the fear in me that still lives today. Hence My Mommy said I could. That is the voice of my subconscious.
A little about myself: I am the mother of one, hoping for more. There is no set number to the more, just more. I am married to my husband, a great man and wonderful father. I have been married previously, and have a benchmark for a successful marriage. I work in insurance and it was my passion until I became a mother. Now nothing compares. I have a love of flea markets, and my current obsession is finding off white furniture to use in my cottage style home.
A little about my daughter: She's 15 months old, asleep usually by 9 (time that blogging will begin), and is the center of my universe. I want her to be average, not the best, not the prettiest, not the richest. Average. I want her to learn how to lose, how to be humble, how to love all animals and drag them in when we say no more. I also want her to love pretty pinks, white curtains, and secretly I want her to be called to serve God or answer his call. Yes a very small part of me wants her to be a nun. Realistic, no. Based on my Catholic upbringing-absolutely.
A little about the three of us: I want my daughter to have a very close relationship with my mother, something I never had with my grandmother but always wanted.

No comments: